Polite reminder - Same Day Appointments
We would like to remind you that only urgent medical matters will be allocated to the same day appointment system. There are a limited number of same day appointments and we would ask where possible you contact the surgery before 11:30 am for on the day matters.
All callers requesting a same day appointment will be asked to provide details of the medical matter so that it can be signposted and triaged by the appropriate clinician. To ensure safe practice you will receive a call back at a time appropriate to the urgency of your matter deemed by the clinician.
Matters that are not deemed urgent will be offered a next available pre-bookable appointment.
Please remember the surgery is working in ways to protect you, our staff and the wider community.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Dr Searle, Dr Bobbett, Dr Allen & Dr Sheasby
**COVID Second Doses**
Practice staff have been working tirelessly since Christmas, without a break, to organise and support the Covid Vaccination Programme. This is in addition to operating a full Covid secure general practice and treating patients affected by Covid.
We ask our patients to support this effort by doing your part in the following ways:
If you have had your first vaccine at North Petherton Rugby Club or here at the surgery, you will receive a text message from us inviting you to book an appointment for your second vaccination. If you ignore this it prevents others from taking the space.
Please DO the following:
• Prioritise this appointment by postponing other arrangements
• Respond to us as soon as possible (within 8 hours)
• Accept the appointment and attend it. If you do not that dose may be wasted, whereas others can have it
• If you have an appointment arranged in a mass vaccination centre then please DECLINE our invitation so that we can invite another patient.
• If you struggle with a link then please ASK a friend or relative and if that is not possible then call our reception team for assistance.
• Please remember that if you are under 50 and awaiting your first vaccination or had your first vaccination in Taunton racecourse or Shepton Mallet please DO NOT call us. Please contact the national booking system online or by calling 119.
Failure to do this adds a huge administration burden to us as we will need to try and reach you by telephone. This is not always possible and you may need to arrange the second vaccine yourself.
Thank you for your support
If you do not have a mobile telephone number recorded on your record, the surgery will contact you on your landline to book your appointment. Please be aware that this may register on your phone as a withheld number.
Second COVID Vaccine Due Dates
Date 1st Vaccine Given Date 2nd Dose Due
1st – 7th March 2021 24th – 30th May 2021
8th – 14th March 2021 31st May – 6th June 2021
15th – 21st March 2021 7th – 13th June 2021
22nd – 28th March 2021 14th – 20th June 2021
29th March – 4th April 2021 21st – 27th June 2021
5th – 11th April 2021 28th June – 4th July 2021
12th - 18th April 2021 5th -11th July 2021
19th – 25th April 2021 12th -18th July 2021
26th April – 2nd May 2021 19th - 25th July 2021
Medication collections from the village Spar shop has recommenced. Prescriptions are delivered to the shop on a Thursday afternoon.