Sick Certificates

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.

Please note, we do not routinely provide a 'fit for work' certificate for you to give to your employer on your return. Should your employer require this information, they would need to submit a request to us in writing. Your employer may be charged for this service.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website